I have been yo-yo dieting for my entire life, but it wasn’t until I had two kids back to back where I started to become desperate for a solution to my weight loss woes. I was lucky enough to be introduced to the book, “You Can Drop It!” by Ilana Mulhstein, M.S., R.D.N and it is MAGIC. It has totally changed the weight loss game, and I’ll explain why.
About the book
Ilana, as a child, was morbidly obese. She was attending fat camp, per her doctor’s orders, since she was 8 years old. Fast forward a decade and she lost 100 pounds and became a registered dietician so that she could help others like herself, who struggle with emotional eating and other dysfunctional eating habits, enjoy life again without being consumed (pun intended) by his or her love of food.
I couldn’t put this book down, because she really does what she promises to do – change your mindset in regards to food and “dieting.” I highly recommend you pick this copy up from Amazon ASAP if you’re anything like me and you have been trying your best to hide from the fridge.
Alan Ko, Unsplash
This book is the bomb dot com, here’s why:
1. This book doesn’t talk about calories or eliminate food groups. Instead, it explains food groups, calories and how each food group serves a purpose.
2. It refers to foods like fried dough and pop tarts as “silly carbs” rather than cheats. Go ahead and get silly – but track it and be prepared to step on the scale the next morning and face the music.
3. She lists dozens of different types of eating, from emotional eating to lonely eating to mindless eating. DOZENS. And, you will highlight almost all of them if you are anything like me. Being aware of your relationship with food and your habits are half the battle.
4. She emphasizes the importance of WATER. Weight-loss will not happen without increasing your water intake. It just won’t. And if you do lose weight without upping your H2O, you will almost certainly gain it back when you inevitably binge on those silly carbs.
5. There are 50 amazing recipes listed in the book and a 4 week meal plan included.
6. The way she writes is conversational. You will feel like she is talking directly to you. There are beautiful colored pictures and charts – I flew through the book in just two days because it was such an easy read!
In conclusion, I have figured out with Ilana’s insight that I can lose weight without feeling restricted. I have been following her program, 2B Mindset, for one week today and have already lost 4 pounds.
I have never found a more positive, mindful approach towards healthy weight loss and consider this a total game-changer.
Should you consider trying the 2B Mindset program, kindly use my affiliate link and connect with me to let me know your thoughts!