I was told from an early age, as young as I can remember, that I can do anything I set my mind to.
I had a big imagination, so naturally I wanted to be and do EVERYTHING!
Since becoming an adult, I have realized that not only do my dreams feel impossible sometimes, but they also feel sort of imaginary. Are they really my dreams? Are they really going to make me happy, or is life just painfully boring without a goal to work towards?
Whichever the answer may be, I continue on my journey towards finding happiness and joy within each and every day, but some days I need a little help getting there. My secret weapon: scrolling inspiration quotes. Anyone else?!
If you are like me, and need a little inspiration to boost your mood or light a fire in your soul, I got you!
Here are 16 inspirational quotes compiled specifically with you, dear readers, in mind:
1. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
2. “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky
3. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
― Marilyn Monroe
4. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
5. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
― George Bernard Shaw
6. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
7. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller
8. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston S. Churchill
9. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
― Marianne Williamson
10. “What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.”
― Maya Angelou
11. “Well-behaved women seldom make history.”
― Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
12. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
― Dalai Lama
14. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
― Oprah Winfrey
15. “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.
16. “You never fail until you stop trying.”
― Albert Einstein
What are some inspirational quotes that inspire you? Chime in, down below!